Concealed Carry Class
$65 (Includes $25 range fee)
According to the North Carolina Administrative Code, an individual is required to meet the set minimum standards for a North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun Class. Our qualified, experienced trainers will provide you the skills, techniques and knowledge you need for a North Carolina Concealed Carry Permit.
Those requirements are:
- Course must be a minimum of eight (8) hours long plus range and qualification time.
- The legal block of instruction must be a minimum of two (2) hours in length.
- A written legal examination is required.
- A shooting proficiency examination is required. The course of fire must be a minimum of 40 rounds with 15 rounds fired from the three yard line, 15 rounds fired from the five yard line, and 10 rounds fired from the seven yard line. Bring 10 Rounds of extra ammo for additional warm-up drills.
- The Concealed Carry Handgun Class must cover the following topics or it does not meet the minimum state standards:
- Legal Issues
- Handgun Safety
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Carrying Concealed Safety Issues
- Presentation Techniques
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Proficiency Drills
- Eye & Ear protection, ball cap or suitable head gear
- Serviceable pistol or revolver – typical calibers are 380, 9 mm, 45 cal
- Holster with retention capabilities is recommended (Youtube: Holsters 101)
- Minimum of 2 serviceable magazines
- 50 rounds of ammo (NO STEEL CORE ammo)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- BRTG does not provide rental firearms
***Students are responsible for their own food and drinks***